The defendant costs specialists

APIL expose sordid bedroom habits

By on Nov 15, 2012 | 4 comments

The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) report into whiplash injuries, subtitled β€œMyth or Fact?”, reports that 70% of those surveyed who provided a definite answer would not know how much to claim for their whiplash injury. Presumably the other 30% were of the view that they would know the true value.

I can only assume that Kemp & Kemp is more popular bedtime reading amongst the British public than Fifty Shades of Grey.

To be fair, this kind of survey is only meant to be a bit of fun and obviously not taken too seriously.

    4 Comments

  1. This reminds me of something.

    About 10 years ago I went up to Liverpool to do a Detailed Assessment. My instructing solicitor was with me, and after the short morning hearing we went into a local pub for lunch.

    Instructing solicitor asked the landlord for “the money book” – and from behind the bar the JSB guide was produced! It was actually a more up to date edition than the one I had in the office.

    I have never forgotten that! And I’ve never seen that in any other place. Make of that what you will πŸ˜‰

    Paul Williams

    15th November 2012

  2. Just out of interest, what pub was it?

    John Hartson

    16th November 2012

  3. the fact that the citizens of Liverpool bars keep up to date and have reference material available to quantify PI claims, will not come as a shock to anyone in the PI world πŸ˜‰

    Anonymous

    16th November 2012

  4. I dont see the problem with a lay person knowing what his case is worth to stop a solicitor selling them down the river if the case is a bit risky just to get paid!!!

    Anonymous

    20th November 2012

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *