- Advocacy – All our fee earners are trained advocates and are therefore able to provide the highest quality of representation at court, whether it is costs application, detailed assessment or costs appeal. We attend assessment hearings throughout England and Wales including the Senior Courts Costs Office and the Supreme Court.
- Drafting Points of Dispute – Whether our clients require the preparation of Points of Dispute as part of a wider package or as a limited instruction, we draft technically excellent, but realistic, pleadings. Defendant solicitors can confidently put their signatures to our Points of Dispute.
- Advising – We see our advisory role as encompassing the whole claims process. We provide advice on costs consequences at key stages throughout the life of a claim, such as at allocation, listing and pre-settlement. Post-settlement we provide comprehensive advices on legal costs claims, both in conjunction with other services and as a stand-alone service. Our experience of dealing with high value, complex and test litigation makes us a genuine alternative to specialist costs counsel for detailed written advices on all aspects of costs law.
- Negotiating – Although many of our clients choose to undertake negotiations themselves, and utilise our services only for certain tasks, we are able to offer a full negotiating service where required. All fee earners have received advanced negotiating training enabling us to negotiate from a position of strength.
- Training – We offer free in-house training to all our existing clients. Our training focuses on the proactive steps that fee earners can take to minimise third party legal costs before they are incurred. In addition, we offer bespoke training courses to all defendant solicitors seeking to strengthen their costs knowledge.
- Drafting Bills of Costs – We offer a professional bill drafting service. This service, like all our services, is only available to defendants.