Costs & Fees Encyclopaedia 2018-19
The Costs & Fees Encyclopaedia continues to expand year-by-year and the 2018-19 Edition runs to 551 pages. (It rather optimistically describes itself as “portable” and suitable for a briefcase. It is plainly a desktop reference guide.)
Pages 1-96 consist of the relevant costs provisions of the CPR and Practice Directions.
Pages 97-102 provides J-Code “cheat sheets”.
Pages 103-104 deals with fixed costs for solicitors and public authority deputies in Court of Protection work.
Pages 105-106 contain the Guideline Hourly Rates for Summary Assessment.
Pages 107-121 consist of the Civil Legal Aid (Remuneration) Rates: Extracts from the Civil Legal Aid (Remuneration) Regulations 2013.
Pages 125-223 deals with Costs in Criminal Proceedings and includes:
- Extract from National Taxing Team Guidelines
- Extracts from the Criminal Legal Aid (Remuneration) Regulations 2013
- Criminal Defence Service (Very High Cost Cases) (Funding)
- Witness Allowances in Criminal Proceedings
- Criminal Procedure Rules 2015, Part 45: Costs
- Costs Out of Central Funds
- Inter Partes Costs in Criminal Proceedings
- Practice Direction (Costs in Criminal Proceedings) 2015
Pages 225-226 includes Motor Mileage rates, VAT rates and IPT rates.
Pages 229-436 covers an electric mix including:
- Civil Proceedings Fees Order 2008
- Conditional Fee Agreements Order 2013
- Consular Fees Order 2012
- Coroners Allowances, Fees and Expenses Regulations 2013
- Court of Protection Fees Order 2007
- Crown Office Fees Order 2013
- Damages-Based Agreement Regulations 2013
- Ecclesiastical Judges, Legal Officers and Others (Fees) Order 2017
- Family Proceedings Fees Order 2008
- First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Fees Order 2011
- First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) Fees Order 2013
- Gender Recognition (Application Fees) Order 2006
- Immigration and Nationality (Cost Recovery Fees) Regulations 2014
- Immigration and Nationality (Fees) Order 2016
- Immigration and Nationality (Fees) Regulations 2018
- Insolvency Proceedings (Fees) Order 2016
- Insolvency Practitioners and Insolvency Services Account (Fees) Order 2003
- Land Charges Fees Rules 1990
- Land Registration Fee Order 2013
- Legal Officers (Annual Fees) Order 2017
- Legal Services Act 2007 (Claims Management Complaints) (Fees) Regulations 2014
- Magistrates Courts Fees Order 2008
- Non-Contentious Probate Fees Order 2004
- Oath Fees Order
- Offers to Settle in Civil Proceedings Order 2013
- Public Guardian (Fees etc) Regulations 2007
- Public Record Office (Fees) Regulations 2017
- Supreme Court Fees Order 2009
- Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) Fees Order 2009
Pages 451-520 contain various case summaries from Costs Law Reports divided by topic. This is the one section I continue to struggle to see the value of (see previous review),
Pages 523-549 contain the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
Pages 550-551 contain a list of relevant court forms.
The price, a modest £75.